Chasing is overrated

August 10, 2006 6:46 PM

Chasing or pursuing a woman is overrated. Most guys like to chase, and most girls like to be chased. Personally I don’t have the patience for it. Some say that you’d appreciate the woman more if you had to fight for her affections. To that I say, I already appreciate the woman – that is why I’m asking her out in the first place right?

I understand a certain amount of wooing is necessary, and I like a little bit of coyness and flirting. But as soon as I sense a bit of a mind game, or she starts to play hard to get, or she gets hot and cold, I’m outta there.

All this unnecessary chasing is just in the way of us enjoying the good stuff from being together. How does the length of the chase, or the effort put into it affect the quality of the relationship after anyway? I don’t see the connection. Do you? What matters more is what happens *after* you become a couple.

Ok, enough with the emo stuff. I’m gonna go fantasise for a while.

In my mind the woman is always ready and available. Heheh. Woohoo!

[tags]dating, single life[/tags]

14 thoughts on “Chasing is overrated

1. Otto

Well if I really like a guy, I’ll corner him somewhere dark and do naughty things to him…..

Oh that was my fingers doing the thinking. In reality, I actually dogde men who chase. I am a pro-active girl.

What’s wrong with a little exercise and cardio workout?

2. trespasser

no, u have to chase a lil so one day, when ur on the porch wit all your lil grandkiddies….u can tell them abt wat lengths u went to to score their grandmother ..u dont want them thinkin she was an easy get do ya !

3. ian

herman: Haha.. But it is when you relax that the problem arises! She’ll start complaining that you’re not putting as much effort as before! That can be pretty frustrating when nagged one too many times.

“You’re not like this when you used to go after me. You used to do this, do that… etc”

LOLz!

Men.

If we don’t put up some sort of resistance, they think we’re easy.You never appreciate something when you have it easy; i.e. not realizing how much you miss your mother’s cooking until she goes on holiday.

Love is a game, and they say whoever plays it well wins the price. Irregardless of the fact that all of us says that we hate mindfuck games.Its just like fishing…patience whilst waiting for it to bite, and then reel it in, let it swim away abit…reel it in again…before finally slapping it on the barbie.

*meow

5. Leonard

i also dun like chasing away, but hey, too bad guys has to do the dirty job in order to win the woman he loves.

sometimes waiting for the lady to take the initiative would be hard..no choice!

so has the sms reply came?

6. herman

what sourrain says is right . If you don’t put effort in it. You don’t appreciate it.

And relaxxing after you got her ? It’s NORMAL what… she has to deal with it. Now she has to work hard. hehehehehe.

Otto: yes pro-active girls! I like to meet those! But I haven’t. Except for one, which I’ve told you. 😛

trespasser: erm, I’ll just make it up even if I don’t have a brilliant story about the chase.

herman / ian: I quote you this from “When Harry Met Sally” –

Harry Burns: You take someone to the airport, its clearly the beginning of the relationship. That’s why I have never taken anyone to the airport at the beginning of a relationship.
    Sally Albright: Why?
    Harry Burns: Because eventually things move on and you don’t take someone to the airport and I never wanted anyone to say to me, How come you never take me to the airport anymore?
    Sally Albright: Its amazing. You look like a normal person but actually you are the angel of death.

sourrain: I don’t mean easy, I mean no mind games and straight to the point. You like me, you don’t like me, you don’t know. Just say it and we all can move on.

Leonard: nope. boo hoo.

BM: got sell ah? where? Hahaha. Like I said, I don’t mean instant. I’d like women to just be more direct and honest with the situation. Like my scenario now, don’t offer your number and then not reply. Basic courtesy.

8. JJJ

Sorta like people who give you their email addresses and never respond to your email hor…??

You like women to be direct, can you take it or not??…see..maybe she is just being honest with the situation now, just that she made the mistake of giving you her number that night 😛 (arhh, dont slap me!!).

But then again, maybe she hasn’t got round to it yet, or maybe her phone got stolen, or or…out of battery and cannot find charger? Or could she be overseas? Aiya, I now know what you mean by mind game indeed….(slap myself)…anyhow, the “game” is not over yet, it’s only Friday 10am in Perth right??!!??

JJJ: I can handle rejection. I rather that than wasted time and energy. As for the reasons that you’ve listed why she hasn’t called back, I don’t even think them – I’m not that desperado or hung up about it.

Lupin: ah kindred spirit. 🙂

10. Billy Zelsnack

Never ask a girl how you should act. They don’t even know. Anything they say is corrupted with romantic ideas of how things are in the movies.

Be yourself and be a man. That’s why girls end up with the jerks.. They are themselves (full of themselves) and they act manly. A ‘nice’ guy asks the girl her opinion on what she wants. The ‘jerk’ has sex with them.