At Summadayze Perth 2008

January 7, 2008 8:07 PM

So I went to Summadayze Perth 2008 yesterday. Only this year, I didn’t carry a camera and did it make a big difference! I just focused on the music, the drinks and being around other happy ravers.

It was quite hot and sunny when we got there around 3pm, so we got our first drinks and sat in a shady area. But with the booming music heard from two arenas, and being naturally hyper, I was soon getting into it. A few more drinks later, and with the temperature not so hot anymore, we got into it fully proper.

The highlight acts for me were Cosmic Gate who played trance, and David Guetta who played house. It was David’s first time in Australia and you can tell he absolutely loved it. At one point he shouted out over his mic,

Celebrating New Years in a bikini – WOW!

And speaking of that, the eye-candy was a constant presence. It doesn’t matter if you were male or female, straight, gay, lesbian or bi – the talent did not disappoint. 🙂

Starting around 7pm was when I danced non-stop till David Guetta’s set ended at 10pm. And only whilst walking to the bus station did I feel the soreness in my feet, and the aches in my upper body. But damn, I had such a great time! Although I was tired, sticky, thirsty and hungry (had breakfast and lunch but no food after), I still managed to smile at random people who smiled back.

I had a most awesome time – great first rave for 2008. Woohoo!

p.s. Old habits die hard, so here are two photos I took with my phone. 😛

summadayze-esplanade

summadayze-cosmic-gate

13 thoughts on “At Summadayze Perth 2008

1. mosey

David Guetta played a good set in Singapore Zouk when he came 2 weeks ago! He really knows how to get the crowd grooving. Did you check out New Young Pony Club?

herman: that’s it man – clubbing/raving and 15 minute workouts 4 times a week.

mosey: nah NYPC was at the other end of the very big field, and the time clashes with David Guetta’s set.

nadnut: all in my head. wahahah!

Just gotta say I think it’s so good to hear someone write about enjoying these events, getting really into the music and having the time of their lives WITHOUT the aid of drugs.
    So many people I know go to these events and get absolutely mashed*. The high you see them on and the smile on their face are certainly not due to naturally-released endorphins. They then get to the stage where they can’t actually enjoy these events without the aid of drugs.
    I now go to these events without taking drugs (I used to take ecstacy more regularly) and enjoy them often even more than my friends who DO take drugs! If you love the music enough, you don’t need the help of drugs, you can just enjoy the music, the dancing, and the atmosphere.
    And I can guarantee that you’ll be feeling a hell of a lot better the next day than those people who’ve used five pills and a line of speed to help them enjoy the day. A lot of people you saw yesterday will be feeling pretty depressed right now as the chemicals drain from their brains and they come down. Meanwhile, you’re feeling pretty good and still on a natural high!
    p.s. in response to Herman, dancing does burn a lot of calories and keeps you fit. Especially on a hot day when you sweat it out. That’s prob how I get most of my excercise and it doens’t feel like excercise cause it’s so much fun!
    *mashed – fucked up, high on drugs

4. russ

I was there too man! Was sweet as. I got there at 1 tho danced non-stop till 8 other than quick trips to the bar. Then when my legs where about to fall of trained it home. Only spent 50 fucks on drinks too=) who needs drugs i could keep up with those people without them! losers… Although must admit would have been hard without the alcohol and 1.5litres of water.
    later.

girlstar7: yeah agreed – I think when you need more than 2 pills to enjoy yourself then something is not right anymore. Plus the come-down from such a high dosage would not be pleasant at all. 😉

russ: wow you are even more hard core than I am! 7 hours! yeah I did consume lotsa fluids too along with the alcohol.

blur ting: hahah yeah you can sorta say that – starting from the 22nd of Dec till now! 🙂

blinkymummy: so sarcastic! I like!

mf: har? it was taken inside one of the tents.