Building on what I had written about “What I don’t want in a woman“, here are behaviours that I would find annoying in a girlfriend.
- Being quiet or antisocial around my friends – having to constantly check on whether you were having fun, feeling bored, or wanted to leave early would be a big drag.
- Trying to change me – changing minor habits like being tidier, dressing up a little better etc. are perfectly acceptable. But trying to change the core of my personality isn’t.
- Related to the above would be buying and doing things for me that reflect what you want me to become, and doing it in a patronising way by saying that it’s for my own good and would make me a better person.
- You are allowed your priorities in life, but I’m not – when your free time is yours, and so is mine, it builds up resentment and frustration. “If you care about me, you shouldn’t care about anything else” will never happen because I had a life before we met and things don’t just fall off the plate for me like that.
- Constantly comparing me to your friends’ boyfriends/husbands – I’m not like them so there’s no point comparing because although I may be able to modify certain behaviour for the better, I’m not remoulding myself into someone else. See #2.
- Double standards – even though I wouldn’t be like that, you will not accept it when the above situations are reversed and that just shits me.