Getting to work early: the secret

March 21, 2008 10:36 AM

Late to work, oh noes!
bookgrl @ flickr

How do you get to work not just on time, but early? Here’s how:

1. Eat your breakfast at work.
  2. Do your #2 at work. Yeah that.

That is all.

Technique #1 requires extra expenditure and may cost ALOT in the long run. Try eating healthy and substantial for less than $5 – it is very hard. I don’t earn six figures ok!

Technique #2 requires you to have a thick skin about your bodily functions. You know, because of the sploshy and farty noises that you will make. Noises which your colleagues will be able to hear. And oh yeah, they’d be able to smell you too when you sit back down at your desk because of the inevitably poor ventilation of said toilets.

I can do #1 maybe, but #2? Definitely not. I don’t have a thick skin about it. I get anal fright in public toilets.

19 thoughts on “Getting to work early: the secret

1. blur ting

I’m in the office at 7.20am. I have my coffee, bread and read the papers. It’s very relaxing actually.

#2 takes a bit of getting used to. Ours is an office building, so we have the common loo. I try to beat the cleaning lady who comes in to clean around 8am. I get really disturbed when I hear her coming and then she starts sticking her mop through the cubicles. That really sucks!

But in your case, the loo is in the office, I definitely won’t do it.

2. Damien

9.38 am early? Kidding right? Well in KL, you can grab a packet of nasi lemak for Rm2.50 on your way to work and that’s your breakfast. And unlike you all, my bodily functions don’t kick in until after dinner so … no issue at all, haha.

3. Katie

Oh dear lord.

I can’t do #2 at work. Just can’t. And on Saturdays I do an 11 hour day. So I think everyone can guess what the first thing is that I do when I get home from work, haha.

I can’t believe how gross this topic is! 😛

4. mf

I hv my breakfast at wk everyday, dun cost tat much cos I know wat to bring hehe. And I kinda enjoy it 🙂

#2…emmm.
    Our bldg is pretty huge, with common loo to share…but unless really really CMI, then no choice la. 😛

blur ting: yeah having your own little pantry at work is a good idea too. And yes too on the #2 – can’t do it!

Damien: picture is for illustrative purposes only. And nasi lemak is not what I’d call healthy. Plus we can’t get as cheap a breakfast here in Australia.

Katie: hahah oh noes! That is such an awesome mental picture I have of you now – running in through the door heading straight for the loo!

mf: yer .. unless it’s an emergency with a capital “D” then yeah I cannot do it in a public loo.

6. ront

i do both in office…..but i still get in 30mins to 50mins after the designated hour…../&%(&%&(%…..maybe i should do the rest in the office also…change, brush teeth etc etc…

7. Pingback: Mooiness! » Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery - plagiariasm isn’t