Wow. Just wow.

November 19, 2008 11:43 PM

It’s not everyday that I get to see stories about three such outlandish and twisted crimes on the front page of a news site. And all with the same theme. Check them out.

Grandmother ‘hacked husband to death’ | National News | News.com.au

A grandmother hacked her 71-year-old husband to death with a machete because she thought he was seeing other women, a court has been told.

Kamalavati Sundar, 70, pleaded not guilty in the Supreme Court jury in Brisbane today to murdering her husband Ram as he slept in their Woodridge home in December 2005.

Mr Sundar was found lying face-down in bed with at least 14 machete wounds to his head and the top of his arms, prosecutor Angus Edwards told the court, the Courier-Mail reports.

Driver convicted for penis in pasta jar | National News | News.com.au

A man caught by police with his penis inside a pasta sauce jar was still pleasuring himself while resisting arrest, a court has been told.

Sex with girl, 10, was consensual, says accused man | National Breaking News | News.com.au

A 21-year-old man says he’s innocent of alleged sexual offences against a 10-year-old girl because the acts were consensual.

The magistrate responded: “It can’t be consensual if she’s a 10 year-old girl.”

This last one above, the seriousness of the case notwithstanding – I can just imagine the magistrate’s face when the accused said it was consensual. Hahah!

9 thoughts on “Wow. Just wow.

1. Katie

There are some crazy people around. Did you hear about the father and his two sons who all drowned in NSW (I think)? It’s very sad, it makes you really appreciate what you’ve got. I gave Phill an extra hug last night – I was thinking about the poor man’s fiance (and the mother of the two boys) – so tragic.

2. Black Cat

Hi! Met you through Katie’s blog. I’ve often seen your comments there and for some reason have always got distracted down another route before clicking on your link. Your blog is very interesting! I always wondered how you came up with “Mooiness” and one day I was looking in the dictionary (I like doing crosswords) when my eyes fell on the word and it said it was a word used in South Africa meaning handsome or beautiful, so it was interesting to read the link in your sidebar and your “About Me”!

As for this post, there are some scummy people in this world. Sheesh!

Katie: yeah I did. Very tragic to lose a whole family like that. However, this should serve as a warning for other parents – you can’t take your eyes off young children in an unsafe environment, and you definitely don’t let one young kid look after another.

Black Cat: hi, thanks for dropping by and for the compliments! 🙂

Lupin: there has been worst times in history when the feeling of dread was ever present, like WW2 and during the Cold War. And I don’t think there’s any more deviance now than before – it just gets reported more. 😉

5. Clarasays

mooiness:”…And I dont think theres any more deviance now than before – it just gets reported more.”

You reckon?

I don’t know if people are pushing the boundaries more or if you’re right about more being reported? But I know I wouldn’t want to mess with an old lady with a machete!

Yeah looking at all those incidents reported above, I’m sure that people in the past had done them as well. There may be a difference in what’s reported in the public yes, because as people become more desensitised the more lurid the details reported.

7. Uncle Tigger

Wow, my MUM is 70 or so . . . . . just can’t imagine her CARING if the Old Bloke was getting some stray. Still, I guess that is a warning to us all.
    “Don’t let your guard down just cause your Old Woman GETS old”.

=]

And the guy who raped the 10 yr old, should become the target/contestant for a new telvised spectator sport “Peadophile-hundred-meter-dash-while-aflame”. if they make it the full hundred mtrs, someone puts them out and they get to run the course second time!.

Until we have an absolutley brutal punishment, they will continue to destroy our young, just like wolves really.