Asian guys and blondes

August 20, 2005 1:45 PM

I remember this conversation from a while back. Was at a pub: crowd was predominantly white. There I was with a friend at the bar and my friend chatted up this blonde girl. Out of the noise, I suddenly heard my friend said, “My friend here likes blondes.” Huh?!

I turned to face the girl and she had this bemused and inquisitive look on her face.

“What is it with you Asian guys and blonde hair?”

A few questions popped into my head and I had wanted to ask her, “Have you been hit on by a lot of Asian guys lately?” I didn’t. What I ended up saying was:

“Because it’s not black.”

She had a laugh, we had a few drinks and a good night was had.

You have a better theory? 😉

9 thoughts on “Asian guys and blondes

1. Curtis G.

Opposites attract? Seriously, your theory sounds pretty good to this white guy. (Of course, my liking Asian women opens up a whole messy can o’ worms with some people.) But coming from a society/race/genus/whatevah where everyone has black hair, wouldn’t you at least be intrigued by blonde hair?

What’s the deal with kogals, anyway? 🙂

2. mooiness

Ok first up I don’t dig kogals. That’s way too extreme. 😛 I do dig Asian women who dye their hair though but again nothing too extreme. Blonde hair on an Asian woman can look pretty weird.

And yes I’m intrigued by blonde hair much as you would be by black hair. And yup, can of worms. But you and I are both mature enough I think, to not even entertain an argument like that with someone close minded. 🙂

3. Ana

Love the post you made!! the comments are just as awesome. Thank you for the comment sorry so glum on my side of the world!! Have an awesome day because you made mine. 🙂

4. mooiness

ana: glad I helped a little. 🙂

virgin undergrad: hahahah, I think if you try too hard it may not happen. But you know what, there’s a lot of angmoh chicks in Singapore right? So the opportunity still exists for you after you go back. 🙂

5. The Orient Express

You should really have gone with your first response, moo.

Its obvious that its all a case of “the grass is always greener…” There’s nothing wrong with that- its all part of human nature and you can’t change that. But personally, I would respect myself a lot less if I were to exclusively desire one kind of woman, be she blonde or ginger, oriental or white. I am however ashamed to say that the last 3 birds I’ve been with have all been blondes, including my present.

But if blondes do it for you, then happy hunting !

6. mooiness

the o.e: you are right in one sense that one shouldn’t restrict oneself to just a particular trait in the opposite sex be it race, height or body shape. Because in the end it would be you that lose out.

And no I don’t date blondes exclusively because I have never dated one. 😉

7. honeypot

I know this is a bit outdated..but I gotta slip this in..blondes look totally adorable when they’re below 10!

Stole a couple of pix off my blondie bf of when he was a baby. OMG..I have never seen a more adorable baby…dont know what happened..look at him now!

Yeah, totally irrelevant.:)But next time u hit on a blondie,you could slip that I-bet-you-were- adorable-when-you-were-3. And it’ll be true.