Unhealthy Love

October 17, 2005 6:31 PM

You are so bad for me and yet I can’t bring myself to hate you. I admit it – I am weak at the knees for you. The past 2 weeks had been especially mind-blowing. But now that mom and dad are back from China, we may not get to see each other as often.

It doesn’t mean I love you less and I will still see you at least once a week. You know how they say absence makes the heart grow fonder? Everytime I see you now it’d be so much more intense because I’ve been missing you. Wouldn’t that be great? Every minute that we are apart, know that I’m saving up myself for you and only you.

Can’t wait to see you this weekend.

Yours forever more,
Marcus

Double-cheeseburger with bacon

Mi amore

19 thoughts on “Unhealthy Love

1. mooiness

It’s the beef! 🙂

Seriously man, unless it’s Ramli burgers, the beef including the steaks just doesn’t really taste right.

And I’ve also tried beef in the UK and it can’t compare. Maybe the US can challenge. Maybe that’s why Australian Beef is exported to Asian countries and can command a premium price. 🙂

2. Vandice

Nono… US burgers suck unless you are willing to spend on gourmet burgers at those lil joints-in-the-wall… Trust me dude, I’ve tried so many tasteless/overly fat/burnt/too salty/etc etc etc burgers from many joints. Even McDs taste better in Singapore… The QC here just dun hack it…

3. mooiness

sourrain: that’s why I say possibly only US beef can challenge Aussie beef mah.

vandice: and you’ve counter-argued the above point. 😛 Actually it’s funny that you should say this since the US *is* the land of the burger. sourrain lived on the West Coast so maybe they get it different there? 😉

You spend like USD 2 on a burger from *anywhere* in the US and it’s bound to be perfect…way better than any steaks from gourmet restaurants in Malaysia.

In-n-out burger…yum.I can feel myself salivating at the thought of american cows

And you’re right. UK beef sucks big time…that’s probably because they import it from Brazil. Real English beef is supposedly very nice indeed,attached with a premium price.

Whilst I am here, let it be noted that French and Beligum beef are not that yum as well.

5. ~*Starryluvly*~

Well, the Mushroom Swiss Burger is available in Singapore. Two beef patties with melted swiss cheese and mushrooms. I always have it when I’m back in Singapore. MMMMM… Damn I’m craving it big time now, with onion rings and barley. MMMMM

6. ~*Starryluvly*~

Yea it probably is really easy to make the mushroom swiss burger, but when you’re the only one in the house who eats cheese… and swiss cheese is not a usual staple in your diet… it seems like buying a packet of swiss for just one slice a little wasteful. Unless of course I decide to make 12 mushroom swiss burgers, in which case I will be a very bloated starry.

Ok, I’m just making excuses, I know. I’ll get off my ass an experiment too.

7. mooiness

starry: no no what you are saying makes sense. Sometimes it’s quite wasteful when you are only cooking for yourself and you have to have something elaborate. 🙂 You know how the way they do it in proper burger joints where they melt the cheese on top of the patty while it’s still on the grill? Wooo. *drool*

hiao auntie: you don’t like beef in general or just burgers? Heh thanks for the compliment on the post tho. 🙂