“Yellow Fever”

March 13, 2006 7:56 PM

White guys + Asian girls -> Many
Asian guys + White girls -> Not so many

Why? Someone actually did a documentary to ponder about it. Ok it’s not really a documentary but it’s funny.

Stumbled upon via Metafilter.

22 thoughts on ““Yellow Fever”

bm: no lah! it’s from one of the rooms inside MOS! Wah lau eh you look me too up liao … as if I would also have speakers on my ceiling!? FWAH.

2. Christina

Exactly. The one who has an ex who has big guns in her front yard in Australia pointed at his house in Singapore 😛

I love how I have the street, and then a big wall, and then my front yard 😀

christina: boy you really don’t like him now do you? 😉

andrew: somewhere beneath the exaggeration yeah there’s some truth – I especially like the “ni hao mah” bit. Hahah!

4. SimplySiti

You know, not all hope is lost.

White guys go for Asian girls.
    Black guys go White/Asian girls.

So hey, Asian guys are still left with Black girls!

See, it all works out in a rather fair orderly manner.

(I know I sound wee bit politically incorrect but pardon me for that.)

siti: but what makes you think black girls would go with Asian guys?! And while we are being politically incorrect, “Once you go black, you don’t go back!”

Wahahaha!

6. emiriyoshikawa

Does it got to do with size? Hey, you girls want a big softy or a smaller but rock hard one?!

I have lots of cousins married to angmo…
    In my younger days I was quite ashame of it but now I understand…

In Spore they couldn’t get boyfriend coz my family are tall and big boned, asian guys usually stay off girls like that.

emiriyo: hahah small rock hard ones! That’s us! 😛

Yeah in my social circle, I know 3 Chinese women who are with angmohs. I don’t see anything wrong with that – it’s just personal preferences really. Becoz some Chinese girls won’t go with white guys either.

As for tall and big boned girls, sometimes taller girls don’t wanna go with shorter guys. Have you considered that? I don’t mind taller girls because I’m self-confident enough. 😉

8. blinkymummy

ok, the indian guy talk so much… but he didn’t explain his own problem?!!

btw, indians are NOT asians meh?

and the white guy?? he’s not even cute?!!

and the chinese guy?!! HE’S DAMN CUTE!!!
    his t-shirt is damn funny!! ?????!!
    *FAINTED*

bm: yeah yeah, I didn’t quite get the Indian’s guy defn of Asian either.

And the fact that the black and white guys are not as cute as the Chinese guy is central to the joke I think – that he can’t get white girls is purely due to his race and not becoz he’s not good looking. 🙂

Heh. ?????! ? loh!

10. Leonard

although i watch it w/o sound (in obis mah!) but can see that its damn funny…

wonder why the chinese girl fantasie on the black…yeeee….

nevertheless, sad to say, the story is very true!!!

11. virgin_undergrad

the video is sadly quite an accurate reflection on the dating barriers to entry for azn guys. U dated any ang moh chicks, mooi?

say, just wondering in all ur years residing in Australia have u ever say an AZN dating an Aborginal?? I dun recall seeing an abo hanging out with any azns at all. That could spring off another clip on its own…*deep thoughts*

12. Andrew Lim

Oh, now I recall where I first saw it. The link was posted on Agagooga’s blog. This is what he said about it:

I find it curious how Asian is equated to East Asian here. Even the Indian guy makes a distinction betweeen Indians and Asians. I was afraid the politically correct ending would stay, but luckily there’s a twist at the end. Heh.

leonard: blacks … bigger mah. Heh.

v.u.: Nope never dated white girls. And have never seen Asians dating Aboriginals though I had Aboriginal friends in high school.

andrew: in the UK Asian is commonly used to refer to sub-continental Asians, whereas everywhere else when you say Asian, it’s assumed that you are talking about East Asians.

but that’s not a mistake that an Indian should make – he should know that he’s an “Asian” too. Blame the script writer. 😉

although it is way more common to see an asian girl with a white guy than the other way around, it’s not THAT rare. my friend’s sister is white and she’s dating an asian guy. I also knew a few girls at high school that were dating asian guys. all those jokes about asian guys being smaller, I wonder if they are true…would have to ask a girl that’s been with both asian guys and white guys (or black), I guess!

15. Pingback: Mooiness! » “Yellow Fever” - the bloopers