One step forward, 2 steps back

April 8, 2006 1:43 PM

Brian Boulos @ Flickr
(found via EveryStockPhoto.com)

Well it has fallen through. Tonight’s date is off – she’s sick. And we were also suppose to go to MoS next weekend but turns out she had something which she totally forgotten about.

See, this is why I said I wished girls should do more of the asking. We’d save each other a lot of these mind games back and forth. Guys are straight forward – if you’ve asked us if we wanna go out, and if we had said yes, we will actually turn up. We won’t say yes and then pull a stunt like this. *sigh*

She did sound very apologetic about it all. Hmm, maybe I can do a guilt trip on her later on. ARGH. See – mind games! I fucking hate mind games! But if you don’t play it, you’d get nowhere. If you don’t play it, you’d get played.

Meanwhile, I’m back on the hunt.

[tags]courtship, courting, dating[/tags]

22 thoughts on “One step forward, 2 steps back

1. Yuuka

I`d actually turn up sick and spend the whole date being quiet and pale hehehe. Maybe she likes you too much to ruin her image in front of you like that,ya?

Not trying to push you or anything but being direct works for me. I start with a “Hi!” and follow with a “I like you” if the reception went down well. All the best, Mooi!

2. MagC

Oh dear…
    u must be disappointed… ;-(

Think of the bright side,
    @ least she is thoughtful not to turn up for tonight’s date.
    Imagine if halfway thru’ the date,she’s feeling not well & puke in front of u ????
    Yucks!

Dun give up!
    Ask her out again next time.
    Perhaps u can call her later & ask if she’s feeling better –> a nice gesture to let her know that u cares abt her.
    πŸ˜‰

3. Andrew Lim

Beware mooi!

My friend encountered a bitch recently that showed similar symptoms. He’d always ask for a date, she’d say yes, but on the before the date she’d make up some cock-up excuse for not going.

This lasted for weeks.

Eventually nothing happened, and it’s my opinion that the girl was just using the guy as a backup in case she really had nothing to do the day of the date. Girls can be real cruel sometimes.

Anyway if she pulls this thing on you again, just forget her. Because you’re worth it.

v.u./Yuuka/MagC/Leonard: thanks for the kind words! πŸ™‚

herman: yes back on the hunt. As long as I haven’t got “one in hand”, I’m in hunting mode.

andrew: yeah man I’m aware of such mind-fucks. And I’m on the same wavelength as you – the limit for such mind-fucks is two. πŸ˜‰

christina: her being sick is fine but what made it worse was the MoS thing – that was like agreed upon a few weeks back. And all of a sudden, she forgotten that she had something else to do that day?! Hmm.

that is too bad that your date fell through. but to clear a few things up!! your quote was : Guys are straight forward – if you’ve asked us if we wanna go out, and if we had said yes, we will actually turn up. We won’t say yes and then pull a stunt like this. *sigh*
    from a girls’ perspective, just letting you know, guys do play mind games sometimes as well. and they DO pull stunts like this. I had a guy that was too gutless to say he wasn’t really interested in going out with me, so half an hour into our date he told me he had to go home and clean his dirty bathroom! I mean, come on! I’ve also had quite a few guys cancel on me last minute, very frustrating. so it goes both ways πŸ™‚
    you sound like a pretty cool guy though, and you seem to have handled it well. good luck with all your future dating exploits!

girlstar7: ok you got me there. But I dare say that in general, men are more straight-to-the-point than women are. Though I wished I’d meet more women like you, women who would ask guys out. It seems like you have done it on more than one occasion. πŸ˜€

Zer0: I think it’s about the same but the pool of available partners is bigger in SE Asia, if you are only going for Asians that is. πŸ˜‰

9. Pingback: Mooiness! » Beauty does not intimidate me