What autumn means to me

April 11, 2006 11:08 AM

dantada @ morguefile
(found via EveryStockPhoto.com)

The weather is getting cooler, there’s gonna be more rain, and the days are getting shorter while the nights are getting longer. What does autumn mean to me personally?

• Occasionally waking up in the middle of the night with a cold and wet nose.
  • Waking up at 7am, looking out the window and thinking it’s still 6am …
  • … with the blanket over my face, wishing it *was* really still 6am.
  • Taking a deep breath and planting my ass down on the toilet seat quickly. 1, 2, 3 … *sit* cold, Cold, COLD! *shiver shiver squirm shudder* Ahhh.
  • Not having to water my mom’s precious roses daily. (the house that I’m living in now is where we used to live previously)
  • Using Snoop as my footwarmer.
  • Seeing him curling up more inside his little dog house – the one that sits there half of the year unused.
  • Love to go out for my favourite Vietnamese and Malaysian soup-noodles even more. That is, if mom’s not making her laksa or prawn-mee.
  • Hearing and feeling my Skyline spool up. All cars love cooler air, especially turbo cars. If I drive sensibly (umm, yeah) my fuel consumption will even drop.
  • Going to clubs all wrapped up and then paying $2-$3 to use the cloakroom. If we are club-hopping, this could easily add up. Side note: it always amuses me to see girls looking all scantily clad and sexy but cold and shivering in the line. Ai swee mai mia.
  • Less ogling of girls at The Cott’s beer garden – everyone is inside next to the heaters. Because we are not hiding behind sunglasses, it’s harder to *ahem* admire girls without looking like perverts.
  • The increased “buzziness” of the alcohol due to the colder temperatures makes up for it. Trust me, it’s different.
  • Oh, and last but not least – all the pretty leaves. 🙂

[tags]autumn[/tags]

19 thoughts on “What autumn means to me

The coldness does encourage more hugging and cuddling. Now all I have to do is find myself a woman do that with!

Oh, woe is me. 😛

smashp0p: heheh nice to have you dropped by. Btw, does your site have an RSS feed? I can’t subscribe to you via Bloglines leh.

I thought Perth didn’t get cold, that it only had a wet and a dry season? Maybe I’m just thinking of Queensland… how cold does it get down there?? Melbourne is starting to get much colder in the mornings now, no more summer!! 🙁 And it’s true, going clubbing in the summer, you’ve got to wear more layers and then pay for the cloak room, it sucks!

koyuuken: these are just everyday occurences in my life. 🙂

MagC: it’s getting on. 😀

girlstar7: it gets down to zero at night here sometimes. And you are right about wet: when it rains, it pours!

I hear ya on the cloakroom. 😉

5. Christina

I know it’s autumn when the school grass starts to sort of flood, as if it’s unable to take any water. Unsurprising. Then I know it’s winter when the school drains burst and the school turns into a lake :/

christina: hahhaahha! Then there’s also the over-watering of the school lawns – they still leave the sprinklers on when it’s raining!

7. Christina

One day I’m going to rip up people’s sprinklers if I find them putting them on even when it’s raining. Especially for council sprinklers. Councils piss me off, thinking they can put their sprinklers on whenever they want at their parks and that!

smashp0p: true that, but most ppl would go anyway just to get all the pictures. Can’t see all of them through your feed. 😉

Christina: council sprinklers are the worst – just as well it’s bore water but then again, waste is waste. Especially when we are expected to cut back.