Get a Mac

May 4, 2006 11:14 AM

Apple has got some new ads out which are quite funny. The old guy represents the PC and the young guy represents the Mac. The girl here represents a new camera from Japan and this particular spot is about how easy it is to connect digital peripherals to the Mac.

There’s a series of 6 with each talking about differing aspects between PCs and Macs. The funniest one is the one about rebooting. You can see all of them on Apple’s site.

I’ve got Mac envy but I still can’t justify the price to myself. It’s like my Skyline now is my PC, and a Volkswagen Golf GTi would be a Mac (the Skyline as a grey import is cheaper in Oz than the VW). The GTi is nice but pricey and not justifiable when my Skyline is still fast and does the job adequately, although the interior is not as stylish. 😉

And yes I’ve been lusting for the GTi since I first saw it.

[tags]Apple, Mac[/tags]

8 thoughts on “Get a Mac

1. Rob

great choice, my mate Alex got a new GTi its sweeeet. Handles great, DSG transmission is so smoooth. I think the queue is like 6 months long to get one though. so if you join up now you’d have ample time to save up for it.

2. Tina

these are great! 🙂 although I must admit, I have both Macs and PCs here at work, and experience tells me Macs need re-booting more than PCs.

Rob: erm time to save up is not the question, it’s the price. Still can’t justify it, like I won’t buy a Mac when a PC does what I need it to do for cheaper. 😉

Tina: blasphemy! Heheh. Maybe you are on the older Macs? I know MacOSX is rock solid. Almost.

4. swissfondue

For cheaper Macs, go refurbished (Apple Store) or used (Ebay). Or buy a mac Mini if you already have a display, mouse and keyboard.

The software that comes with a Mac is also included in the buying price.

If all you do is email and some word proceessing, and you want a low price, then stay with a PC.

I just love my 12″ PowerBook and would never go back.

5. Cynthia

Heiya! I want to get VW GTi as well.. what a cute little baby =)
    Alas.. for me.. still gotta work.. sigh.
    Maybe in few more years time.. there is a better car coming out? ^_*

swissfondue: true that – all I do are web based stuff, plus the occasional PC game. But yeah otherwise I do like the styles of the Macs. 🙂

Cynthia: it’s a nice car but also quite expensive for its size. A few more years and get it when it has depreciated in price. 🙂