Maybe I am fussy

May 23, 2006 12:01 AM

I caught up with my cousin Yvonne on Saturday. I casually mentioned that I was going out with Wendy that night. She asked about her and after hearing me described her said that she sounded nice, and asked how long have I been hanging out with her. I said, “Since mid Jan after I got back from my holidays.”

Yvonne: What?! And you are only telling me this now?
Me: Yeah there wasn’t anything to tell. We are just friends.
Yvonne: Why are you still friends?! Why haven’t you made your move?
Me: Erm I dunno.

Why not indeed. Wendy’s:

• attractive,
  • dresses well,
  • cooks,
  • and likes to party.

Shite. That’s like two-thirds of things on my list. The remaining two are:

• likes dogs,
  • and is a nympho.

Heh. I know she doesn’t hate dogs so I guess that leaves only one thing …

Seriously though, I cannot answer “why” myself. Why haven’t I felt anything? On the other hand, must I feel something? Is it that important to get butterflies in the stomach? Can’t a great relationship form from being cosy and comfortable with each other?

Although, the fact that I am writing this honestly here knowing that Wendy reads my blog occasionally (she only half gets this blogging thing) should mean something right? What though? Maybe I still don’t know what I want. Now that’s another truth. I just don’t want to force the situation when it’s like that.

Then again, sometimes I’m just too cerebral for the rest of my body. Actually scratch that, it’s every single-fucking-time.

Penis to Brain: We never do anything that I want to do! This sucks! I hate you!

When you start imagining a conversation between your penis and your brain, I think that’s a big sign that you need to get laid real BAD.

Is this a prologue to something? Well, it’s not the ending that’s for sure. 8)

[tags]single life[/tags]

23 thoughts on “Maybe I am fussy

1. Cynthia

=)

actually.. the question that Yvonne asked ah.. I was also so tempted to ask you one leh.. but i think better dun kepoh..

Wendy is very nice! ^_*

*cheh* you know better lah!!

2. Cynthia

oh! oh! oh!

maybe you are really fussy.. but you dont forget oh.. you choose ppl..ppl also choose you one leh

by the way.. ‘geng geng, kheng geng geng; kheng tuok jit leh chaw geng geng’

Cheers!

3. virgin_undergrad

Woo hoo! Go for it man!!

erm btw, your two remaining criteria sounds fine individually, but when u lump both events as an intersecting event, it really sounds quite wrong.

it seems that u like a ‘dog-loving nympho’…..;p

4. YC

Why not?! I didn’t get butterflies and I think what I have now is great.

5. CherryRipe

Does she call herself a ‘nympho’ or is that word one of your choosing? I don’t think i’d be too pleased if a friend tagged me with that word on the world wide web … notwithstanding what virgin_undergrad said. πŸ˜‰

Herman: am trying very hard to turn off the grey matter!

Cynthia: exactly, “ppl also choose you”. I don’t go around thinking that I’m an Adonis – it’s only half the story what I think about a person.

v.u.: now that you’ve mentioned it, err yes. And now I’ve got a really *really* bad image in my head. Heh.

YC: I know it can and I wanna live it. πŸ™‚

Cherry: no no no, that’s just my imaginary list of qualities that I look for in a woman. She doesn’t refer to herself that way. It’s only my wishful thinking. Hah!

7. Rob

I like your innovative use of technology πŸ™‚
    asking her for a shag via blog? I would have sent a Shane Warne style SMS msg myself. Late on a Saturday night so if she refuses then you have plausible deniability of being “drunk” or some drunk mate hijacked your phone.
    My advice… in the words of the great Richard Branson “Screw it, Lets just do it!”
    BTW refering back to another thread. Does she have a nice pad?

Hijackqueen: erms, I don’t know yet lah. Hence the point of this post.

ricka: I shall take your good-luck wish and keep it for now till when I need to use it. πŸ˜‰

Rob: erm hello, I’m not asking for a shag. I’m merely questioning why is it that I don’t feel anything even tho she seems to fit all my arbitrary criterion.

Her pad? Yeah it’s cosy. 8)

9. JJJ

hehe..you choose ppl, ppl choose you ..but you are one nice fine young man, every reason for her to choose you isnt it??? hehe…(yeh, of coz i am only saying this coz you said she reads this blog sometime..hehe)….looking forward to hear more stories very soon…gabatte!!

JJJ: you only say that because you know me. Hahaha!

Snowflake: yes I like to have that feeling too, but must all relationships start like that? I would like to think “not neccesarily” but I don’t know yet – am too pragmatic.

11. Nadia

Maybe you should actually talk to her about this, instead of pondering aloud on your blog? πŸ˜›

Seriously though, if she’s already got two thirds of what you’re looking for, there’s no harm in trying is there? At worst, things get a little awkward – but I’m sure you’re both grown up enough to not let it affect your friendship at the end of the day =)

Nadia: am not confessing a crush or anything but pondering why haven’t I felt any stirrings when all my criterion have been seemingly satisfied.

And we do talk. πŸ˜‰

girlstar7: yes I agree with you and I’m glad you understood my points exactly. Woohoo!

MagC: “if” and right now I don’t, hence the reason for this post. Aiyah, how come no one understands my point!? πŸ˜›

although many people have a list of ‘criteria’ in their head you may meet someone that fills all those crtieria, but you just don’t feel that spark. you can choose someone due to logical things such as decent job, likes dogs etc. but in the end love/lust is not logical. hence the reason people fall for people that are completely wrong for them!! don’t know if I am making sense here but what I’m trying to say is you can’t help who you fall for. you either have feelings for someone or you don’t. just because you meet someone who happens to be of the opposite sex who likes dogs doesn’t mean you will necessarily have feelings for them.

BM: she already thinks that. Woohoo! But like I said, I don’t feel anything for her …. and I’m wondering why not.

I think I need to clarify this whole post in another post. Heh.

15. Pingback: Mooiness! » Ok I am fussy