I didn’t articulate my thoughts in my previous post, “Maybe I am fussy” very well at all. I think I gave the impression that I’m harbouring a secret crush for Wendy when I don’t.
The gist of that post was:
- How come I don’t feel anything for her when she seems to fit almost all of my arbitrary criterion? Discuss. (20 marks)
That’s it really. I probably confuse you all by adding that I wouldn’t mind some physical action if my brain didn’t get in the way so often. That is true but it has nothing to do with Wendy. So I apologise for the confusion. 😉
Only girlstar7 got what I was trying to get at:
although many people have a list of ‘criteria’ in their head you may meet someone that fills all those criteria, but you just don’t feel that spark. you can choose someone due to logical things such as decent job, likes dogs etc. but in the end love/lust is not logical.
These facts remain:
- I’m happily single although I wouldn’t mind companionship.
- I still don’t know what I really want. Even when I do, I change my mind often.
- I haven’t met anyone in recent years who made my heart beat faster, except for that blonde nurse whom I promptly lost interest in.
- My mind may not know what it wants and has a propensity to over-analyse but my body doesn’t. It knows what it wants. Hence my frustrations.
- And I do get frustrated. The only good thing is that it gives me ample material to blog about.
Concerned friends and family wonder why I’m “fussy” but the truth is that I haven’t felt a spark for anyone in ages. And I can see why ppl chastise me for “having high standards” when they see a perfectly nice girl like Wendy who fits *my* criterion for now and yet I feel nothing. Nada. You don’t think I wonder why that is so? Believe me, I argue with myself about that a lot.
I know everyone means well but in the end it’s just something that I have to overcome alone. Everyone is different and to those who have found your other half, I’m happy for you but your advice is probably only applicable to yourselves.
I’m a special kind of nutcase who requires a different approach. Woohoo!
p.s. Wendy already knows about all that I have written here, which is why I never hesitated in writing about it. I’m not some emotionally stunted person who can only show his true feelings on a blog ok! 😉