Mucking around with Google AdSense

May 25, 2006 2:11 PM

Yes, I’ve gone over to the ad side – I’ve gone and placed Google Ads on these pages. I’ve tried to make it as unobtrusive and as eye-pleasing as possible (noticed the matching colours?). The content shall always remain the same. Good or bad, it’d still be recognisable as my writing.

I wouldn’t write keyword-laden posts just to get an ad to show up. Nor would I plaster the whole place in ads till you close your browser window in disgust. Being an avid blog reader, I know what pisses me off about a blog. So, everything would be done with the blog reader in mind, especially the aesthetics.

The aim of this exercise is to see if it makes enough pocket money to cover the hosting which arguably isn’t alot: USD $75 p/a. But hey, money saved is money earned. 😉

[tags]Google AdSense, AdSense[/tags]

13 thoughts on “Mucking around with Google AdSense

1. CherryRipe

Hmmm… okay, your explanation is acceptable. *winks* Seriously, though, do people read and click on those ads? I, for one, never do. I seem to have a fierce filter for those things.

Heh. *phew* Glad I’ve met a regular reader’s approval.

I don’t know about other ppl but I click when it’s relevant AND I wanna show a small token of appreciation to the blog owner *ahem*. 😉

Rob: unless ppl specifically choose to advertise here, then it’s per-click.

But don’t go and do me any favours – too many clicks from the same IP will get me banned instantly. Like I said, only click if it’s relevant.

Ppl are under no obligation to click and I’m not suppose to encourage ppl to click.

Herman: Noooooooooo !!!!!

sourrain: No! Never leave me! Heheh. You know of course that I’m more sensible than falling shit. Give me some credit man!

And what makes you think I’m a celebrity now? Wah lau eh. I’m just a small fry loh. And yes I like matching colours – don’t hate me becoz I’m beautiful. Hahahahahah! 😛

Totally understand..$75 is still money and can buy a couple rounds of tequilas..

When you start advertising for callgirls like falling shit..then I shall leave you..can you tahan, one of your longest readers abandoning you!!! I was there for you before you were yet a celebrity man, and you were my sole reader..hahahahaha!!! sibeh emo.

matching colors…just like a girl..:P

Heh. The thought of it probably came after seeing your donation appeal. If your adsense goes to you, I would click it. Does Bert need the money more than you though? If he does, then I help him lah.

YC: depends on the ad – I’ve had one click thus far (woohoo!) and I got 38c for it. Heh. Must be a high value ad. I just went and clicked one of yours.

Must be careful tho, cannot be too blatant with it. 😛

7. marina

Urgh … Adsense… Excuse me for being bitter, but I dont like adsense one bit.

If you post your mailing address I’ll give you 10 sing dollars 😉 Hehehehe

marina: hehe yes it’s a touchy thing among readers. I’m not out to make money with it – it’s just to cover the basics. Thanks for your offer though!

BM: actually with your big readership, you could try doing ads. No harm. Just have to make sure it doesn’t uglify your site and annoy your readers. 😀