My Partying Lifestyle

June 16, 2006 8:30 AM
disco stu

I love parties and clubbing, and I’m not apologising for it.

During the week, I don’t go out and I don’t drink. Almost every weeknight I have dinner with my parents. That’s my quality time with them and I love it. But when the weekend comes, that’s when I like to have a little pressure release. You got pressure, I got pressure. Everyone in society has pressure. 😉

And I admit it – I like drinking, and I like looking at beautiful women dance. Sometimes I like drinking whilst watching beautiful women dance, naked. And yes I battle the urge all the time, and I crave “it”. Sometimes I think I’m going insane.

You are not single, and you had never been single for as long as I have. I don’t expect you to understand it, and I am not going to impose my values on you. I expect you to do the same out of courtesy.

To you, I may go to the same pubs and nightclubs week in and week out, doing the same old things. But take a look at yourself: you eat at the same restaurants all the time, watch all your movies either at home or at the same cinema all the time; have the same old gatherings and BBQs, talking the same old shite with the same old ppl. Aspire to your mundaneness? No thanks. I will take my form of repetitiveness over yours.

I am out there circulating and I go to at least four major raves every year. Because of that I am meeting new ppl all the time. Some become friends, some are good only for moments in the night, and some are strangers who end up in my photos.

I love club culture and I love house and trance music. I love jumping around. Too old? Please. You have your timetable and I have mine.

In the end, we will probably end up in the same place. I’m just taking a different route at a different speed. In the meantime, as long as my body is holding up I’m gonna party as much as I want to.

Oh, I … Ohhh I … I love the nightlife,
I got to boogie on the disco ’round, oh yea.
Oh, I love the night life,
I got to boogie on the disco ’round, oh yea.

Alicia Bridges, “I Love The Nightlife”

[tags]single life, clubbing[/tags]

15 thoughts on “My Partying Lifestyle

1. Hijackqueen

What you want to do (party leh, clubbing leh, spa leh,) do it now. When you have gf different story liao. When married lagi different story. When have kids, all also no need to think. So, go! go! go!

2. Ronnie

haha..but the dim & flashing lights plus alcohol intoxication make women seem beautiful than she really is. of the girls whom i got their number & eventually asked out for dinner/coffee, some of them are actually so different from how i saw them at the club~!

nowadays when i’m around beautiful female friends or acquaintances, i try to UNDRESS THEIR BEAUTY. i imagine them digging their noses, with last night’s vege still stuck in their teeth, shitting on the toilet bowl. Then i imagine i hit the flush & picture them being flushed away. Maybe a sick thought here, but i’ve reaped the benefits of it.

Coz when i undressed a woman’s beauty, i’m able to see her under a more platonic light. I become friendly yet aloof, wanting but not desiring, keen but not eager, humorous but not cheesy. i become more comfortable in my own skin. i take two steps forward & one step back..

It’s amazing how these women can see that i have cast aside lust (i just said ‘cast aside’, not eliminate..haha!) & i get lots more calls & sms from them..i get asked to join them for shopping & drinks..

it’s amazing how sometimes the more u chase after something, the more it eludes u.. while when u have no desire over something, it gets attracted to u like a magnet…

Nice to have found someone who loves clubbing and house/trance music as much as I do! Too bad we live in different cities. I also go out clubbing almost every week (although lately I’ve been working on weekends so I’ve been going less often).
    although you like looking a beautiful women dance, at least you’re not one of those guys that only goes to clubs to pick up. you can smell them a mile away (they never dance, just stand by the sidelines, beer in hand, watching the girls, and using bad pick up lines). although I have picked up at clubs before (who hasn’t? lol) that’s definitely never been the reason why I’ve gone out. for me, it’s all about the music and dancing the night away!
    p.s. love the disco stu pic!

Hijackqueen: exactly, while I still can. 😉

Ronnie: ah you are talking about the “treat them mean, keep them keen” technique. Heheh. But yeah these kinda things are fated, when you are searching high and low you cannot find. Then it laps on ur lap.

girlstar7: “Disco Stu likes disco music.” Woohoo!

CW: yes they can be! It’s a perception of how one should act their age, or what they should have achieved etc. that irritates me the most.

5. Irene

well said. really well said indeed. i am constantly irked people cannot reconcile the fact that i choose to party and am on scholarship at the same time. i am expected to be apologetic about having a ball of a time. heh.

6. fatmermaid

Stumbled across your blog through another Perth blog. I’ve been reading bits and pieces of your blog, part curiousity and part procrastination (I’m suppose to be studying for exams at the moment!).
    Just like to say that your site makes for an interesting and funny read. I think I’m going to end up being a regular visitor. (^.^)v

7. Pingback: Mooiness! » When are you too old to party?

8. Pingback: Mooiness! » Age Appropriate Partying

9. Val

Hey there. I just fell on your page, forgot how exactly, I think I was searching for something about google. Anyway, I hardly ever go online because I’m a broke ass grad student and haven’t been able to afford internet or a computer that works since undergrad. But I just find it funny how I landed on your page, clicked only three times (third one being this page) and I don’t know. You seem really cool enough for me to take a minute and send you a note. I have no idea where Perth is but I’m sure if you lived around me, we’d be cool friends. I’m really into the club scene too and don’t get me started on all-night long electronic music festivals, and oh — how about those warehouse raves? Yes…? You know what I’m talking about 😉 I got my boyfriend into it too. And every time theres a party, we always get all our other friends and party hardy. What’s cool is that we are all on top of our ‘real world’ shit, like school and work, and I’m sensing you are too. Well anyway, that’s all I wanted to say. Wish you the best. -George. PS, PLUR 😉 (i’m not THAT hardcore about it, but I think you can appreciate)