A remarkable man, he:
- Placed an importance on education for every one of his children, including his daughters of which he had seven.
- Sent 5 of his 10 children to study in Australia in the 60s.
- Allowed one daughter to study fashion design in Sydney.
- Allowed another to marry a Caucasian.
- Once said this, “Love a man or love a woman, I just want you to be happy.”
Quite progressive for a man born in 1916. Who was he? He was my grandfather. And the daughter who studied fashion design? She is my mother.
Grandma and grandpa with first aunty Jennifer, circa 1941.