I have many female friends and even more female acquiantances. There’s a common thing about women and that is: all of them make excuses for their men at one time or another. Even with the obnoxious behaviour staring them in their faces, they’d still have a way to justify it.
See if you recognise these.
- He loves me. Really. He does. Of course he does. That’s just his way of showing it, right?
- He can be really nice sometimes. So he can be a real bastard sometimes.
- When he’s not like this, he’s very different. Duh!
- He used to do a lot of nice things for me. Sing it with me now: but what has he done for you lately!?
Now us men put up with bad behaviour from women for one very obvious reason, “She’s hot and the sex is really good ok!?” But women are more sentimental, they focus on the emotional side of things which is their downfall. They hold on to the good memories, of what their man used to be like. They remember all the good feelings and how happy they were.
And women like to think that their men would change. Here’s a reality check:
- Don’t go into the relationship hoping that he will change. He won’t. What you see is what you get. He may mask it for a while in the beginning but his true behaviour will show up soon enough.
- If he does change, it’s usually not for the better. And don’t expect him to change back either. The man that you know from when you were lovey dovey is gone.
- He may change for the better but only if he wants to, and usually because he fears losing you. If he’s abusing your trust in him, then I think that fear no longer exists. And there goes the only bargaining chip you have over him.
If you still want to stay with him, then stop complaining about him to me. You’ve lost the right to.