I’m hungover

August 27, 2006 6:56 PM
breakfast for hangovers

Someday, originally uploaded by diastema.

“Sliced avocado, 5 strips of bacon, 2 eggs over hard, rye toast with a scandalous amount of butter, black coffee, ice cold cherries and fresh-squeezed orange-grapefruit juice. And of course, garnished with Tabasco and aspirin.”

Yes I drank a little too much last night. I managed to get home in one piece thanks to Wendy and Shau. Then I proceeded to throw up twice.

Anyhoo, the food in the picture is one of many cures that some believe will help ease the hangover the next morning. Lifehacker has a good collection of tips too.

For me, the one thing I do when I have had a little too much alcohol is to pop a Berocca in a big glass of water and down a Panadol or two before I go to bed. But the nauseous feeling still doesn’t really go away the next morning, even though the headache is less.

I feel hungry but I can’t keep it down you know?

Share some of your own tips here. It might help me the next time because as we all know, no matter how much we say we are not gonna drink so much next time, we inevitably do. πŸ˜‰

17 thoughts on “I’m hungover

1. bunnygoeszen

I feel hungry but I can’t keep it down you know?

Yep, I know exactly how you feel. Whenever I wake up from a night of heavy drinking, I’d just make myself a nice hot bowl of instant noodles. And then proceed to the loo to throw up. As gross as it sounds, 1. it does help to purge some of the remaning alcohol in the stomach, 2. it doesn’t taste so disgusting coming back up your throat, 3. instant noodles is cheap so you don’t feel the pain of wasting perfectly good food. And of course, drink lots of water throughout the day to rehydrate yourself.

2. milos

if you’re jung over maybe better not look at this until you’ve taken a panadol. It might set
    your pulse racing and make matters worse.

anyway it’s pics of miss izzy (singapore’s naughtiest blogger) hope you enjoy.

milossadik.net

bunnygoeszen: That’s a really awesome tip with the instant noodles. Thanks!

milos: wow that was a tangent. Erm thanks?

kachuaz: heh and what does that achieve? more throwing up? In this scenario, I don’t think “????” will work. πŸ˜‰

HAHA I know the feeling all too well…feel like that most Sunday mornings, although I haven’t thrown up in a while!
    one thing that does ease hangovers is if, the night before, you drink water along with alcohol. try drinking a big glass of water before you go to bed. it doesn’t get rid of the hangover, but you do feel less dehydrated. and because the water is all absorbed, you won’t wake up needing to go to the toilet.
    When I am drunk/hungover I will often eat Maccas or Hungry Jack’s as well, cause my body really craves that greasy food.
    Other than that, just panadol and plenty of rest! If I’ve had a big night I will often have an afternoon nap and go to bed early the next night as well, so I feel better the following day (particularly if I have to work)

girlstar7: good advice unfortunately I had to run around Sunday doing stuff for my mom. Not the best experience. πŸ˜›

Kristine: yup same technique but the nausea is a bit harder to get rid of.

6. bunnygoeszen

One more plus point about preparing instant noodles when you’re hungover is that it only takes 2 brain cells to focus on boiling water, dumping it in a pot, throwing in the noodles and stirring aimlessly for 2 minutes.

7. r1cka

The last time I got really wasted, my hung over lasted 2 days. I continued vomitting from the nostrils and mouth (and boy was it yucky!) then got a friend to take me to watch a movie at an empty hoyts cinema (to take my mind off the headache) and eat McDonald’s.

But you don’t have to go through all that toruble. Greasy food, plenty of water and rest is good enough.

Hijackqueen: I don’t eat it by itself, but with a salad it’s quite nice. Creamy.

bunnygoeszen: true that. Heh.

r1cka: wow that’s awful. But yeah greasy food seems to be a common suggestion.

Irene: hehe thanks for the tips and I am feeling better, though still a little lethargic.

9. Irene

well, to settle my stomach i tend to make myself a cream of mushroom soup with lots of pepper. the canned variety works too, i guess.

but i read somewhere that raw eggs have been proven to really help with those hangovers.

hey hey hope you’re feeling better now. =)

10. transnationalmigrant

i promise you this. and it’ll work. as simply siti said, water with you drinks (which is quite hard to do) but also some panadol before you crash and a bottle of gatorade or powerade cause they hydrate you better than just water.

simplysiti: the drinking water thing is good if you can remember to, or if you don’t get caught up in the moment. All of which happens more often than not. πŸ˜‰

transnationalmigrant: ah yeah I do know about gatorade/powerade tip (also 100Plus). I don’t get a problem with the headache – more the nausea.