Another year already. It’s been a blast. Here’s a look at the more significant events which I had blogged about in the past 12 months.
- I came back from an awesome holiday in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Langkawi. This was the trip when I first met Blinkymummy and Yue-Chin in person. See the photos in the photo page.
- I compared what Xiaxue wrote about Bangladeshi workers in Singapore, to the Sydney riots. And a flame war ensued.
- Chinese New Year!
- Danish cartoons making fun of Islam backfired *real* bad.
- Remember Tammy? She who studied (study?) at Nanyang Polytechnic, Singapore whose sex clip she made with her boyfriend leaked onto the Internet? Well I suggested that we gave the attention to Daphne Teo instead. 😉
- I moved from Blogspot to a self-hosted WordPress blog. Some of the biggest benefits? Allowing me to easily compile this list of significant events, plus giving me flexibility for ads which are covering my hosting costs.
- I went to Two Tribes at the Supreme Court Gardens.
- I started hanging out with Wendy more often – see TGIF, and I got them crazy eyes.
- Private Kovco’s mysterious death in Iraq and the Army’s PR bungling. His death was later ruled an “accident”, though most of us who had heard the news at first had assumed that it was a suicide.
- Met Cynthia and friends and went clubbing with them.
- I went to the Ministry of Sound Hard NRG Tour 2006.
- Had a crush on a girl; asked her out; and she cancelled at the last minute.
- I wrote about my parents and I.
- Mix, the cafe which I owned with my parents was sold.
- I wrote about how dating is character building and I wondered why I’m fussy.
- I first found out about my parents’ plan to move back into their old house, the one that I’m staying in, and will build a 3 bedroom apartment as an extension to the main house.
- I declared that I heart Dawn Yang.
- I accused Kenny Sia of plagiarism. He asked me to apologise, rudely I might add. I didn’t. Suck on it baby.
- FIFA World Cup 2006! I watched Australia got beaten out of the competition by Italy at The Deen, and an Australian nurse died in Thailand while watching the Australia vs. Brazil game – a victim of a drive-by shooting.
- I went to Ministry of Sound Sessions Tour 2006.
- I vented about my female friends and about being the single guy at non-single events.
For a more complete picture of my blogging for the months above, check out my archives – the posts are all neatly organised by month and by categories.
Come back tomorrow as I finish off this series, counting down towards the new year. Woohoo. How exciting. 🙂