To a wedding in Sydney, I go!

January 11, 2007 5:57 PM

Shane, Damien, Linda and myself at Marigold 1998

I’m going to Sydney tonight to attend the wedding of my cousin Shane this Saturday. Will then be staying on for a whole week of family gatherings and catch-ups. My mother has 9 siblings and therefore, I have countless cousins on her side of the family. Most of the family will be there – not an easy feat because we are scattered all over the place. I think it’s gonna be awesome.

The photo above was taken in 1998 (don’t have a more recent photo!) at Marigold Restaurant in Haymarket. That’s Shane on the left. Next to him is his younger brother Damien and then-girlfriend, now-wife Linda.

Shane’s 2 weeks younger than me. So chronologically speaking, Yvonne and I should be married by now. Between Yvonne and myself, I wonder who would be nagged about getting married more. Yvonne has been going out with Paul for three years now so I think it would be her. I’m counting on it. :mrgreen:

11 thoughts on “To a wedding in Sydney, I go!

I’m guessing Yvonne would be nagged more partly as she’s got a bf and partly beign a woman.
    Women have more pressure to marry earlier so they aren’t an ‘old Mum’. Guys have the advantage of the option to marry a younger girl later in life.
    Who knows you could marry a 25-year-old in your 40s?? 😉

Sure kena wan..mouhahaha.

Lucky Yvonne is there to tahan all the bullets for you. Like girlstar says, You’d be like the accidental casulty. Maybe they’ll be too busy pressing for the happy couple to reproduce to bug the both of you.

Your cousin looks like Phil..

3. Rob

yeah you know its coming. i’d suggest use Yvonne as your human shield. stay strategically positioned near Yvonne as she’ll have a larger magnetic effort for the nags. *sorry Yvonne*

JJJ: hee hee.

sourrain: har? where got look alike? anyways yeah, Yvonne’s already gotten a lot more questions than me. Heh.

Leanne: you can count on me!

Rob: good strategy.

mf: marriage is a big milestone in the eyes of traditional Chinese types so everything that revolves around it is fair game to our relatives. 😉

5. virgin_undergrad

say, how are ABC weddings like? are they more like the conventional chinese weddings with dinners, obligatory queue for handshakes or is it more like what u see in wedding crashers?

if it’s the latter u never know if u’re gonna get lucky 😉

v.u.: I have some photos and possibly a vid to show as well. So you will see. It’s a mixture of both, plus my cousin married a true blue blonde Aussie girl.

steph: definitely! coming up soon!