I haven’t celebrated Valentine’s Day with anyone for a while, but I’ve honed my list of cheap and not too difficult things to do. Here are some of them.
- Breakfast in bed – toast with butter, soft-boiled eggs, freshly squeezed juice, favourite magazine. Difficulty: Easy (Moderate if never cooked before). Level of annoyance: Moderate, have to wake up early (Low, if you focus on the sex you’d be getting after).
- Voucher for 3 hours of your time doing something together with her – something that you don’t usually like. Difficulty: Easy. Level of annoyance: Moderate (Low, if you focus on the sex you’d be getting after).
- Picnic lunch by the river. Difficulty: Moderate (Easier if you can get your mom to help you with the food). Level of annoyance: Moderate to High, varies with the weather, insects, parking, and sharing the foreshore with hundreds of other couples who had the same bright idea as you. The sex might make up for it. You hope.
- Cook dinner for her, and serve her good red wine (note: more than AU$15 is expensive). Difficulty and Level of annoyance: more than breakfast in bed, but the sex should be even better. You hope.
- Neck rub and foot massage. Difficulty: Easy, just learn from a book. Or even better, get one of those foot-spa machines and a Hitachi Magic-Wand. Level of annoyance: Zero, you get to touch her whilst doing it AND you’d get sex after. Unless you let her get carried away with the Magic-Wand, in which case Level of Annoyance = Extreme.
- Combo: combination of the above, or all of the above in sequence (you champion!). Difficulty: Moderate to Extreme due to the logistics and planning plus you’d be tired. Level of annoyance: High but the sex should be oh-so-F*CKTASTIC. You hope.
More cheapo ideas at:
AskMen.com – Cheap date
What will you be doing on your Valentine’s?
[tags]dating, Valentine’s Day[/tags]