Beauty transcends race

June 11, 2007 8:45 PM

Whilst pointing out a hot blonde woman to my dad at Ikea on the weekend (with my mom just next to us, woohoo!), I mentioned to him that one or two of my Chinese friends aren’t as excited about good looking Caucasian women as I am. He said, “They are missing out.” And then he also said something profound,

Beauty transcends race. If you truly appreciate beauty, you don’t even see the race.

That’s pure gold that. As I’ve mentioned previously, why limit yourself to yellow, white, brown or black when it’s a whole rainbow of colours? :mrgreen:

27 thoughts on “Beauty transcends race

1. BigZapfer

Damn right mate, I couldn’t agree more.

The lord, in his infinite wisdom, gave man every colour of the rainbow to enjoy. Pity the fool who only sees one colour 😉

2. steph

So true! I’ve only ever dated one Anglo, my boyfriends have been, in order- Lebanese, Aboriginal, Indian and Maltese. Haven’t dated an Asian guy yet, but have been very attracted to many 😛

10/3: hey man, if you have a good thing with your current gf don’t sweat it, and definitely cherish it. 😉

My point was more about keeping an open mind and not limit yourself artificially.

4. bunnygoeszen

I agree. In fact, you never know when that someone of a different race could turn out to be The One. Like my hubby-to-be. Never thought I’d date a Malay, let alone marry one. Heehee.

Yeah, i agree, there are great-looking people of every race, and why limit yourself? I’ve been attracted to guys of all different races.
    And it sounds like your father is as big a pervert as you are, haha! my friend’s dad is 74 and pretty sick yet apparently he will still turn his head to oggle a hot chick. guess men never change, hey?!

girlstar7: hahah – not a pervert. We don’t stare or gawk. We just admire from afar. And yes, all men can appreciate a pretty woman, no matter our age. 😛

7. Dabido

Like I always say, ‘I’ve met ugly people and beautiful people of all nationalities and walks of life.’

Of course, the old adage I always remind myself of is, ‘Beauty is only skin deep. Ugly goes to the bone.’

For some reason people don’t like it when I say it though. lol

8. Lisa Y

urm, mooi. Can you please tell your dad that he is beautiful in heart just for saying that ? Seriously. I really mean it.

Ooo, I like pointing out to my friends the beautiful people, male or female, I see on the street. Sometimes, I have this urge to run up to them and tell them how beautiful they are. Of course I never dare to. lol.

Lisa: that’s a nice compliment. For sure I will tell him. 🙂

yeah I like looking at beautiful ppl too, more female than male though. Heheh. It brightens up my day. Woohoo!

10. mirebella

lol. funny post. quick q tho – have you ever been attracted to a brunnette? or is your facination to ang-moh’s jz reserved to blondes? You are right about not limiting ones scope to jz your own tho – its not the outer layer that matters – its what is inside now innit? 😉

mirebella: I’ve been attracted to all kinds of angmohs – fair skin, olive skin, dark hair, brown hair, blonde hair. All of it! I’m very equal opporunity. Heheh.

12. Pingback: Mooiness! » Why I like green women