Being a minority is:
- feeling like you stand out when nobody notices.
- feeling judged when they don’t care.
- feeling ambivalent when your culture is fetishized by people who don’t understand the meanings and the symbolisms.
- feeling proud when one of you does something great in public.
- feeling embarrassed when one of you does something stupid in public.
- feeling smug and cocky when there’s more than five of you around.
- feeling that the only way to get ahead is to be more like them.
- feeling the best when you don’t give a shit about any of the above.