How Krispy Kreme Works

July 3, 2007 8:43 PM

I had a lot of visitors and a few reciprocal links because of my previous post about donuts, “More donuts than you can swing a stick at“. This clip is a continuation of the donut theme and gives you a look at how Krispy Kreme donuts are made.

I especially like the “glazing waterfall” (woo). I challenge you to not salivate. :mrgreen:

Donut King has a similar automated process which I’ve seen at a store once, except theirs is based on frying dollops of batter formed into donuts, and then dumping those into a bed of cinnamon and sugar mix (woo x 2). As opposed to Krispy Kreme’s where a doughy mix is allowed to rise before being fried, and then glazed over by the aforementioned “glazing waterfall”.

Whichever way they are made, me likey donuts yum yum.

23 thoughts on “How Krispy Kreme Works

sourrain: Where do they ever hand them out for free?! Was it a special occasion or what? Is this a regular thing??? Ah what the hell, I’m in Perth – ain’t no Krispy Kreme shops here. 😛

damion: it is very difficult not to. Heheh.

When you go into a KK shop with the sign outside is on (HOT DONUTS NOW!); most of the time the staff will hand you a donut as u queue in line.

yes it is free

yes it is directly off the processing line.

yes as far as i am aware, this is practiced in London & California. Not seen a hot donut sign out in Sydney or Melb yet but I assume it should be the same.

3. LupinTan

You know something, After ur doughnut entry, I went to q up for our local shores Doughnut Factory for 2 freaking hours to see how it taste like. I found out that the ordering system is totally flawed. 2 hours leh. I in a freaking line for 2 hours. Hahahaha.

4. LupinTan

hahaha, queue, take and leave. sound like a typical singaporean for u.

Mooi: I was bored that day and was checking out their business model. anyway, though I never try KK doughnuts, this Doughnut factory one quite nice.

Anyone from HK: Where got selling KK, I going there this month end.

Lupin: well hope they were worth the 2 hours wait. From the pic on Iz’s blog, they do look good.

yurl: perhaps the franchise fees are too high for Perth’s population size.

sourrain: wah. shiokness.

herman: u salivated right?

indra: yeah well this video isn’t available on Youtube – you can pause the clip and let it complete the download.

As for KK I wouldn’t say they rule – I’m an equal opp donut lover. Heh.

Lupin: Singapore’s population size is on par with Sydney’s and larger than Melbourne’s so if those two cities can have it, I don’t see why KK wouldn’t open outlets there on account of that. I think the issue is the level of competition.

8. CW

Wow I was completely transfixed watching the conveyor belt and all those doughnuts getting fried and glazed. Seriously! I wonder if there is a name for the “condition” – conveyor-belt-watching-fascination… 🙂