All about marriage

July 10, 2007 10:31 PM
  1. I bumped into a friend at a club on the weekend. I said to him, “Where’s your wife?” He replied, “Don’t have one anymore.” And for some reason, I wasn’t shocked at all.

His would be the fifth divorce that I know of in my social circle. I think that’s quite a high number of divorces for an average person to know about, don’t you think? Luckily I never had to do the “my friends vs. your friends” bit because I’m always closer to just one person in each couple.

2. If I meet the the right woman tomorrow and if I say to her,

I live with my parents, and the only things that I own are my computer, my car, a mobile phone and an Xbox 360.

And she replies, “I don’t care”, then I’m marrying her. Oh she must like Snoop the dog too, natch. I don’t think I’m that fussy right? :mrgreen:

3. Speaking of living with my parents, I think I’m ok with still living with them after I get married. Not that much a far out idea to fellow Asians, and maybe even the Greeks and Italians. And why I’m ok with it? Because it’s really really comfortable. Cooking and cleaning aside, it’s also nice to go back to a lively house after work.

I guess it also helps to have fairly liberal parents who respects my privacy and who don’t nag me about “sex in the house” anymore. And the house is big enough after the extension to afford everyone their little corner of personal space.

Now if the girl in #2 is also ok with this, then I’m set for life.

19 thoughts on “All about marriage

Actually…your fussiness is not about looks ect ect.Its more about wanting someone suitable to you, to be able to understand your need for freedom and enjoy the same things you do and remaining girly and independent at the same time

Which is good,you should never settle for second best just for companionship.

Which is bad,cause it seems like so hard to find!

As for living with parents, I want to live with my parents too…

2. jktdo

I don’t think it’s unreasonable at all for her to be ok with your lifestyle and definitely Snoop. I mean if she replied in the affirmative then at least you’ll be free of another mercernary … person.

And it’s a good thing that you have such a big house. I think that’s the only way I could live with my parents and not drive each other insane.

Good luck!

sourrain: I think you’ve nailed the description! And yeah I agree, how to find?! šŸ˜›

jktdo: good way of looking at it – if she wasn’t ok with how I live, then there’s really no point having a relationship in the first place.

Lupin: no, when I say “the girl in #2”, I meant the imaginary girl mentioned in point #2. Either way, nope – no girls on the horizon.

4. Andy

Re: point 2 – A mate of mine owns the same as you as well as a Wii AND a Playstation 3.
    His girlfriend has not cared for 4 years!

(I think you better get yourself a Wii, that could be the clincher!)

5. Lad Litter

You might remember a Seinfeld episode that dealt with your point #2: George is sick of making up stories to impress women so he just goes up to a woman in the diner and says to her: “I’m bald, unemployed and I still live with my parents.” She says, “Wow,” impressed with his honesty. Of course, he takes the honesty too far from then on…

Andy: hah! thanks for the idea! You wouldn’t know where I could find gamer girls do ya???

Lad Litter: oh yes I remember it – bloody hilarious.

blur ting: if her parents are easy-going, can also! Updates on Snoop? I thought everyone would be bored by the pics and vids by now. I will do one soon but suffice to say – he’s doing really well, like back to normal except slower for obvious reasons. šŸ™‚

actually…andy’s right,a Wii might be the clincher.Its cos its different from the usual guy games of killing or racing, there’s alot of cutsey stuff like the cooking game ect.

I’d date a guy with a Wii!

Andy: my word, that’s a cunning plan that is.

sourrain: well that’d make sense, having an activity that we can both do together. Provided of course that she’s into games in the first place.

And btw, “Iā€™d date a guy with a Wii!” … but of course you would. *wink wink nudge nudge*

cat_aunty: Thanks for the luck – I may need it! Snoop is doing fine as I’ve said above. I will get some pics and maybe a vid up soon. As for Penang, nope – no more clips but I do have a few more photos to put up.

10. Indra

After my marriage, I would be staying with my parents as well, obviously though, I’m having my very own private room with a soundproof walls and fingerprints enabled door šŸ™‚ I don’t think it’s a bad thing as well, the fact that you are still living with your parents. Of course, you’re independent if you could live on your own. Maybe it’s just an Asian thing?

Anyway, I agreed with 10/3, another disadvantage is no spontaneous woohoo-ing, and I can imagine a few other woohoo-ing location outside the bedroom, besides the living room sofa. Have you tried kitchen, dining table, and backyard? šŸ˜›

Indra: kitchen and dining table – hmm, never done it and have never fantasised about it. Backyard – wouldn’t even think of it. Yeah I know I’m spoilt because I like it comfortable. šŸ˜›