Off to Penang, again

October 5, 2007 9:07 PM

swatow-lane

Am heading off to Penang once again tomorrow and will be there for a week, coming back the following Sunday. I will have net access as I’m working half-days from the service apartment we will be staying at. The place is a short walk to Gurney Plaza with its pubs and pretty girls. Work or beer and girls? Work or beer and girls? Work or beer and girls? Heheh.

You may remember I last went in June for my cousin Shane’s wedding. This time, it’s for the 90th birthday of my dad’s mother – a.k.a. the nasty mother-in-law.

I’m so gonna get cut from the will. :mrgreen:

11 thoughts on “Off to Penang, again

You so gonna get into trouble…remember, cannot bitch about elders!!!!

Hahahah..I tell ur grandma…

btw; I hate your work-from-abroad scheme. I hate I hate I jealous…But I guess I do get more holidays than you, so can hardly complain right..heh.

PS: Must eat nasi lemak ok..

Heheh yes my work arrangement is nice but it also means that as long as I can get net access, I am expected to help out whenever they needed it. But so far, it’s been more cushy than not.

And nasi lemak may be your fav but it ain’t mine. Not in Penang anyway. It’s char kuay teow for me! Plus Hokkien Char. Wooo. I drool oredi.

nasilemak: heheh thanks for the offer to be virtual guide! Though I shan’t be too evil to txt and torment you.

blur ting: it’s only because I can work virtually anywhere. I actually don’t have much leave left that’s why I have to arrange this half-day work thing this time around. 🙂

mf: well, consider it a preview when I blog the trip. but I think you would’ve seen quite a bit here already. 🙂

Lupin: well, not good lah – I’ll just be respectful. Hahahah!

5. Rachel

Marcus I hate you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alll the char kway teow and penang laksa you can eat!! *drool*
    I should be planning a trip to Penang and Malacca to let my kids experience old towns and different cultures soon. 🙂

As for the respect part, I totally understand. As juniors we can’t really show how indignant we are about things…

Rachel: yeah you should definitely let your kids see and feel the Straits Chinese stuff. I love it myself. 🙂

Katie: hahah yeah I wonder how I will be able to focus but I will try!