The Ooi family, 1979
If it wasn’t for every one posting updates and retro-tastic photos of their moms on Facebook I would have totally forgotten that it was Mother’s Day yesterday. That is because I don’t celebrate Mother’s Day. Why? Because every day is Mother’s Day son!
But then she called me …
Me: Hi mom.
Mom: What day is it?
Me: I don’t know? Sunday?
Mom: What day IS IT?
Me: I really don’t know.
Mom: Mother’s Day!
Me: Oh shit son!
and now I feel guilty. So here’s a tribute to my mother. My mom is great because:
- Everything I know about women, I learnt from her.
- Everything I know about cooking, I also learnt from her.
- She’s always asking me, “Have you eaten?”
- Her sense of humour. Like that time she gave me a matrimonial charm because she thought my looks and personality weren’t good enough to get her a daughter-in-law. Hahah good one mom! What? You really meant that? 🙁
- Showing me how to be good to your parents.
Oh and one last thing – she’s great because she didn’t marry that other guy and married my dad instead, thus giving birth to me and my brother. 🙂
Mom and dad’s 40th anniversary, 2013